Epsilon Theory has established policies and practices that respect the privacy of all individuals who use our services. We believe it is critical to comply with the laws and regulations designed to secure your privacy. Your relationship with us is very important to us and we want you to understand our policies and practices about our collection, use, retention and security of the information you provide through our website.
This Policy Applies to You
Strict Security Measures
We take the security of information very seriously. We have established security standards and procedures to prevent access to your information. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information. We have established procedures to limit employee access to information to only those employees with a business reason for accessing such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee responsibilities regarding your information.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information about you to:
- Accurately identify you
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain your personal information so that we can provide services to you. The types and categories of information that we collect and maintain about you include:
- Information we receive from you to subscribe to our email list
We have established procedures so that the information you provide is accurate, current and complete. We are committed to work with you to promptly correct any inaccurate information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For further information on how long we retain your personal data for, please contact email@example.com.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process the information you provide as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our products and services; ensuring the security of the services and our website; and for our marketing activities.
Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request removal of your information. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or removing your information, or altering your data, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your information, ask us to restrict processing of your information, or request portability of your information. You can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervising authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you no longer wish to receive our emails or services, please unsubscribe directly from one of our emails or contact us directly to update or delete your information (as described above). If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Our Selective Sharing of Information
In order for us to provide services to you, we do disclose your personal information in very limited instances, as follows:
- A buyer or potential buyer and its agents and advisors (in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, liquidation, or acquisition).
- Other limited disclosures as permitted or required by law.
- Disclosures authorized or requested by you.
Except as listed in this Policy, we do not share your information with third parties or sell your information without your consent.
If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this Policy.
Should you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.