ET In the News will be a recurring feature of ET Professional, providing a ready list of news, blogs and articles most indicative of the broader narratives surrounding a topic. In advance of tomorrow’s elections, we are providing readers with a free preview.
Below are the 10 articles most connected to and representative of the map of more than 60,000 stories between September 30 and today referring to U.S. midterm elections. These are not the ‘best’ articles, and they are rarely the most ‘read’. They are simply the most indicative of the language and context used across the various narratives and sub-narratives being promoted about the midterm elections.
- Trump connects Kavanaugh confirmation to midterm elections – The Hill
- Trump: Dems’ conduct towards Kavanaugh to hurt them in midterms – Teletrader
- History suggests, but doesn’t dictate, a midterm power shift – Whittier Daily News
- Motivation: The Decider on Student Voting in Midterm Elections – The Mont Clarion
- US midterm elections: Your guide to what to look for – ABC News (via PNG Post-Courier)
- THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS ARE ONE WEEK FROM TODAY – HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT – Long Room
- 5 Brutal Midterm Losses for U.S. Presidents – Christian Post
- How The Midterm Elections May Affect Your Healthcare – Daily Caller
- US midterm elections: Trump says migrants on the Mexican border could be SHOT – Daily and Sunday Express (UK)
- Early voting sets midterm election record – Tullahoma News
The questions we ask when we read these stories:
- Why am I reading this NOW?
- How, if anything, is the author or publisher telling me how to think about this topic?
- If this is representative, how would I expect this to shape broader common knowledge about the topic?